We understand that due to the nature of online ordering and the fluid process of building and remodeling, returns are sometimes necessary. Because we offer a vast quantity of designs and options, and every product is made to order to the customer's specifications, we encourage customers to talk with our sales team about sizes, colors, quantities, and other finish options before ordering to ensure their satisfaction. Finish samples can also be requested prior to placing an order. These steps often resolve the need to return a product.
If, by some chance, we make a mistake on your order, we will get the correct products to you with no additional charges. We will also pay for the incorrect items to be picked up and shipped back to us. It’s our goal to meet your expectations and make sure you are completely satisfied with your purchase.
- No restocking fees on standard returns (See Non-Returns below for merchandise not eligible).
- An RGA (Return Goods Authorization) Number must be requested within 30 days of receipt of the merchandise. Items returned without an RGA will be charged a 20% restocking fee. Refusal of shipment will also incur a 20% restocking fee.
- Returns must be received to Barn Light within 15 days of the RGA being issued. Returns outside of this period will not be accepted.
- Refunds will only be issued in the manner that payment was received, or store credit will be issued.
- Shipping charges and/or rush manufacturing charges will not be refunded.
- Items must not have been installed or altered in any way.
- Items must be in the original box and with original packaging material.
- Customer is responsible for all return shipping charges.
- Customer is responsible for insuring returned items.
- Refunds will be issued upon inspection and after the merchandise is placed back into inventory. Typically this process takes between 5 to 7 business days.
- Items refused at delivery address will be charged all freight costs and applicable restocking fees.
- If a package is accepted and it is found to be uninsured with damages, has been installed, or altered in any way, the package and its contents becomes the property of Barn Light and no refunds will be issued.
- After items are inspected, the customer will be contacted and informed if the return is accepted. Barn Light retains the right to modify this return policy without notification.
NO REFUNDS OR RETURNS WILL BE ACCEPTED FOR THE FOLLOWING:
- No refunds or exchanges accepted on commercial orders.
- Installed or altered merchandise are not eligible for return and will not be refunded.
- Barn Light will not refund damaged merchandise. Customer must file a claim with the return shipper if returned merchandise is damaged.
- Clearance, Discount and/or Customized Items will not be authorized for return or refunded.
- International Orders, including Canada, are not authorized for return.
- Items returned to other manufacturers without authorization will not be refunded.
- Special order finishes of Copper, Brass & Commercial HID, PAR, GU24 Bi-Pin CFL, E27 Socket, LED and/or ballast items are non-returnable.
- Vintage, Antiques, Salvage Items & Light Bulbs are non-returnable.
- Light poles, clocks, and apartment lights are non-returnable.
- Furniture is non-returnable as they are custom made-to-order items.
- Porcelain Enamel Dinnerware Collection is non-returnable.
Due to the custom nature of our hand-made products, Barn Light does not generally accept order cancellations. Cancellations may be subject to penalty, as follows:
Retail Orders - retail orders may be cancelled within 24 hours of being placed without penalty. All orders cancelled beyond 24 hours of placement will be subject to a restocking fee up to 50% of the order value, excluding shipping if applicable.
Commercial Orders – commercial orders may be cancelled within 24 hours of being placed without penalty. All orders cancelled beyond 24 hours of placement will be subject to restocking fee commensurate with the level of production, plus any associated administrative costs. Please refer to Section 4 of the Sales Agent Agreement (rev. 7/22) for further details.