This selection of statement lighting delivers bold colors, dramatic designs, and plenty of personality to homes and businesses. With their fully customizable looks, it’s easy to create a unique focal point for your space. Crafted entirely by hand in the United States! Read More »
How can lighting become a statement piece?
Modern architecture, both residential and commercial, employ light fixtures to make a memorable statement. Positioned in the center of a room, eye-catching fixtures establish an inimitable décor, one that gets visitors talking and helps businesses stand out.
There are two basic ways lighting can become a breathtaking statement piece. The first is by featuring bold aesthetics, large-scale dimensions, and imaginative new designs. These dramatic chandeliers and light fixtures demand attention standing out as a décor’s primary focal point. The second method is outfitting classic lighting styles with vibrant colors, elegant materials, and other subtle twists on classic looks.
Tips and advice for using lighting to make a statement
Installing bold lighting choices is one of the fastest and easiest ways to make a statement in a home or business. Here are a few factors to consider when selecting fixtures for a space.
- Size and Scale: Large fixtures immediately capture attention when installed in a residential or commercial setting. However, the size of the venue must be considered as well. If a fixture is too big, a room may feel dominated by a single decorative feature. Alternatively, spacious rooms, vast entryways, and large commercial facilities often require oversized focal points to avoid appearing vacant, empty, or under-styled.
- Mix it up: Most lighting fixtures have standard applications. Using them in non-traditional ways is guaranteed to draw focus. For example, instead of the expected pendants above the table, install goosenecks above booths in bars and restaurants.
- Smaller statement pieces: Lighting doesn’t have to be a large-scale fixture. Sometimes smaller, thoughtfully selected accent pieces are enough to redefine a décor.
- Along those lines: Statement lights shouldn’t be thought of as something only for voluminous lobbies in commercial buildings, rooms with tall cathedral ceilings, or other expansive settings. A simple fixture deployed in an unexpected application or finished in a vivid color can make a statement in smaller settings.
- More than one: Instead of a single, oversized fixture, create visually arresting displays by incorporating multiple lights.
What styles of fixtures can be used as statement lighting?
From creative modern designs to fixtures indebted to traditional looks, lighting used as statement pieces encompass the complete spectrum of lighting styles. These looks include:
- Barn-style lighting and RLM shades
- Contemporary chandeliers and pendants
- Rugged nautical chandeliers
- Industrial-inspired wall lights, pendants, and chandeliers
- Stunning yet simple minimalist designs
How can standard lighting designs be used to make a statement?
While many people solely envision massive chandeliers or sprawling wall lights as “statement lighting” everyday lighting fixtures can be used as dramatic focal points. Colorful finishes, sophisticated copper or brass shades, and other customization options transform traditional lighting designs into dynamic statement pieces.