Schoolhouse lighting originated in the 1920s when lighting manufacturers began covering exposed bulbs with glass globes. Now integrating copper into its classic design, the Schoolhouse Copper Cord Hung Light becomes a focal point in any space. Hung from a standard black cord, the opaque shade slightly dampens the light. This results in a warm, cozy atmosphere perfect for dining rooms in homes or restaurants.
When allowed to age into a rich patina this schoolhouse lighting feels historic. Or retain the shiny finish by polishing it regularly. Along with the versatility offered by the copper, you can dress the schoolhouse shade with hand-painted bands and vintage finish options.
|Small Glass: H 6 ½" x Dia. 10"
|Large Glass: H 8 ¼" x Dia. 14"
- Finish: Multiple (See Finish Options)
- Mounting: 8' of Standard Cord | 6' of Cotton Cord (See Cord Options)
- Optional: Painted Black Bands
- Fitter: W 6" x H 4"
- Ceiling Canopy Dimensions: H 4½" x Dia. 5¾"
- Max Wattage Per Socket:
- 100W Standard Incandescent
- 18W GU24 Bi-Pin CFL (equivalent to 75W Standard Inc.)
- Bulb Not Included
- Number of Sockets: 1
- Use: CSA Listed for Damp Locations
- Lead Time: 7-14 Business Days (Not Applicable to Commercial Orders)
- Manufactured in the U.S.A. This light fixture is made-to-order to suit your custom specifications. Learn more about the process here.
- Please Note: The single band style has a silver border outlining the chosen finish.
- Please Note: Because the optional finishes are applied by hand, slight variations may occur from shade to shade. Due to atmospheric conditions during the manufacturing process, additional discrepancies from the photos shown above are possible.
- Natural finishes have an estimated 3 week manufacturing time. There are no returns accepted on these finishes.